Home Insurance

As your largest investment, it’s important to make sure your home has the proper insurance coverage. We’ll protect your home and everything in it for the lowest possible price.
Call us today! 503-728-4391

What is Home Insurance?

Home insurance, also commonly called hazard insurance or homeowner’s insurance is a type of property insurance that covers a private residence. We offer policies to people living in Oregon, Washington, and the greater Pacific Northwest. 

Home insurance is a policy that combines various personal insurance protections, which can include losses occurring to one’s home, its contents, loss of use (additional living expenses), or loss of other personal possessions of the homeowner, as well as liability insurance for accidents that may happen at the home or at the hands of the homeowner within the policy territory.

Home Insurance Coverages

Our homeowner’s insurance coverage includes Property Coverages and Liability Coverages



Coverage A


Covers the value of the dwelling itself. Typically, a co-insurance clause states that as long as the dwelling is insured to 80% of actual value, losses will be adjusted at replacement cost, up to the policy limits.

Coverage B

Other Structures

Covers other structure around the property that are not used for business, except as a private garage. Typically limited at 10% to 20% of the Coverage A, with additional amounts available by endorsement.

Coverage C

Personal Property

Covers personal property, with limits for the theft and loss of particular classes of items. Typically 50 to 70% of coverage A is required for contents, which means that consumers may pay for much more insurance than necessary.

Coverage D

Loss of Use/Additional Living Expenses

Covers expenses associated with additional living expenses (i.e. rental expenses) and fair rental value, if part of the residence was rented, however only the rental income for the actual rent of the space not services provided such as utilities.


Coverage E

Personal Liability

Covers damages which the insured is legally liable for and provides a legal defense at the insurer’s own expense. About a third of the losses for this coverage are from dog bites.

Additional Coverages

Covers a variety of expenses such as debris removal, reasonable repairs, damage to trees and shrubs for certain named perils (excluding the most common causes of damage, wind and ice), fire department changes, removal of property, credit card / identity theft charges, loss assessment, collapse, landlord’s furnishing, and some building additions. These vary depending upon the form.


In an open perils policy, specific exclusions will be stated. These generally include earth movement, water damage, power failure, neglect, war, nuclear hazard, septic tank back-up expenses, intentional loss, and concurrent causation. The concurrent causation exclusion excludes losses where both a covered and an excluded loss occur. In addition, the exclusion for building ordinance can mean that increased expenses due to local ordinances may not be covered.


Flood damage is typically excluded under standard homeowners and renters insurance policies. Flood coverage, however, is available in the form of a separate policy both from the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and from a few private insurers.

Need More Insurance? We’ve Got You Covered

Get A Quote:

Get in Touch with Us Today!


101 Truhaak St SE, Clatskanie, OR 97016
(Inside Wauna Credit Union)

Phone: (503) 728-4391
Toll-free: (877) 362-4391
Fax: 503-728-3113
Hours: 8:00AM-5:00PM

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 1510, Rainier OR 97048

Rainier Branch

202 E A St Rainier OR 97016

Toll-free: (877) 362-4391
Hours: 8:00AM-5:00PM
Fax: 503-728-3113

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 1510, Rainier OR 97048


Gresham Branch

123 E Powell Blvd, Suite 207, Gresham, OR 97030

Toll-free: (877) 362-4391
Hours: 8:00AM-5:00PM
Fax: 503-728-3113

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 1510, Rainier OR 97048


Pin It on Pinterest

Share This